12 years ago
Monday, August 17, 2009
visit from a friend
our friend, luke, from college is getting married! well, he decided to do this 5 days after we are scheduled to have the baby...in indiana...so, we are doubting that we will get there! as we talked back and forth on facebook, we realized that he would be here this weekend. so, we said to let us know when and we would get together. he ended up having a load to deliver that kept him here overnight, so we picked him up on friday night and he stayed over and spent the day with us on saturday. saturday had been planned as our day with the kids...they had earned chuck-e-cheese and were really wanting to go to 5 guys burger and fries...and i wanted to hit the outlets a little...so, luke, being a great sport, joined right in!

just a warning for those of you that are even slightly healthy eaters...don't bother going to 5 guys...wow...burgers and fries with the best of them, but no salad in sight!
chuck e cheese was especially busy with at least 3 birthday parties going on...yikes!

but the boys LOVED it! after some milkshakes on the way home, we took luke to his truck. the boys thought this was a huge deal...not to mention aaron. his dad told me once that when he was little he would always say he wanted to be a truck driver...so, i think that he was just as excited as the boys to get in the truck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks so much for this posting! As I said before, I'm so glad it worked out for Luke to connect with you, and I wish I could've been there too. We will definitely have to come see you soon after the wedding. I am looking forward to meeting all of you and your new little one!!!
ReplyDelete