Monday, January 12, 2009

we are on a schedule

when our boys were born and for the last 5 years...we have not had them on any real schedule. they are very adjustable and just worked into whatever we were doing...based on the fact that we don't have any real set schedule either. well, this worked well when they were babies and a few years old, but lately, we have been seeing the need for more structure. so, one of my goals this year was to get us into a daily routine for the benefit of the boys. we started last week and it has been WONDERFUL. they needed structure and are excelling as well as having much better behavior...aka, less tantrums for toby! we have times for reading, activities, meals without tv, NAPS, and free time. adin often asks what is coming up next. toby is a little harder to move awy from the tv, but when we get it off and get to reading or doing something, he talks so much more than he had been. their bedtime is 9:30 now, which will shock some of you that know they were up until midnight many nights. we are also getting up at 9:00...which is late for some, but works for us right now! aaron is also adjusting to our schedule...the 1:00 adult bedtime is a little late for him some nights, but i let him break the rules once in awhile!

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear your schedule is a success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I wouldn't do for one morning a week of kids sleeping until 9! or 8!! But it doesn't matter for us what time they go to bed! Christmas Eve they went to bed at 1:30 in the morning because we had a traditional event to go to at midnight and they STILL got up at 6:30! I'll be dragging them out of bed when they get older and want to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! I hope one day we can go the same. I feel we go in a million directions daily. I think I get stressed out. Great Job

    ReplyDelete