many of you know that aaron and i are not the mushy type. we don't really even celebrate valentines day because aaron thinks that it is a ploy at commercialism and because he broke up with me on our first valentines day together...but that is a whole other story. well, i had some of my rare time in the car alone this weekend and was listening to the top 10 songs...i didn't know most of them, but one stood out...
Love Story~ Taylor Swift
We were both young when I first saw you.
I close my eyes and the flashback starts:
I'm standing there on a balcony in summer air.
See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns.
See you make your way through the crowd
and say hello;
Little did I know
That you were Romeo; you were throwing pebbles,
And my daddy said, "Stay away from Juliet."
And I was crying on the staircase,begging you, 'Please, don't go.'"
And I said,
"Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone.
I'll be waiting; all there's left to do is run.
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess
It's a love story - baby just say 'Yes.'"
well, we were young when we met...it was at a college mixer in the middle of campus (not a ball)...but it was a party none the less...and i did see him through the crowd and he did say hello and i knew he was the one. noone in my family ever told him to stay away...but there were some times that i begged him not to go! and as it turns out 10 years later, he is the price and i am the princess...and we have 2 little frogs in the kingdom! so, while it isn't necessairly a valentines thing...i am sure happy to have aaron to celebrate every day with.
12 years ago
Awwww...I haven't heard this song, I'll have to listen!
ReplyDeleteseriously, who hijacked my wifes account and got all mushy on me... i want to know where my wife is :)- Aaron
ReplyDeleteCan you be any more adorable. What a cute story, next I want to hear a mushy story form Aaron !! Melissa McFeaters :)
ReplyDelete