Wednesday, July 23, 2008

happy graduation miranda

this weekend we were at the rupert house to celebrate mirandas high school graduation and send off to college in 3 weeks!
little brother, forrest, and his friends provided some dinner music for the event.
after a little public embarassment, randy and ronita presented miranda with her homeschool "with honors" diploma.
they then sent her out into the world with these simple words:

I pray that you will wake each morning
And search for God throughout your day.
That you will meet the challenges life
Tosses your way with prayer and confidence.
That the toys and noise of this world
Will not reflect in your eyes.
That life will be an adventure with Christ:
Not to predictable or overly planned.
That you will make time to be available to Him.

I pray that when you see a need
you will do your best to meet it.
When you see fear you will give comfort.
When you see anger you will respond with patience.
When you see injustice you will defend.
When you see a life without Christ
You will make an introduction.

I pray that when you are in need you will go
To Him and graciously accept the help He sends.;
When you are afraid you will curl up in His loving arms.
When you are angry you will look at the situation
Through His eyes.
When you are treated unfairly you will seek
His comfort and guidance.

I wish you joy with just enough discomfort
So you will appreciate the joy.
I wish you prosperity wit just enough struggle
To make you responsible and generous.
I wish you peace but not enough to make you complacent.

Embrace the life He gave you,
Always seek His face,
Always hope, always dream,
Work hard, pray hard
Serve often, laugh often

And love unconditionally...
As He has always loved you


we closed out the evening with some dunk tank fun. miranda went under a few times...once by her aunt, i must say! great work miranda and we look forward to "nurse miranda" graduating in a few more years. we will miss you around here...especially for the babysitting and shopping...but there is aways summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment