Wednesday, July 9, 2008

no picture to post today

we had our first visit with the OB dr today. i was excited to post our first ultrasound picture when we got home, but things don't seem to be going as planned. the doctor was not able to find a heartbeat...which is not normal for 8 weeks. so, there are 2 explanitations for this...either our dates are off and it is too early to find the heartbeat...or "things are not going to turn out well for this pregnancy". our doctor is a christian and told us the best thing to do this week is to PRAY. we will return next week for another ultrasound. i am not even sure how to pray...certainly we want the baby and have been so excited with our "planned surprise"! i am trying very hard to know that God has this all under control...even when it seems out of control from our view. please join us in praying this week. we are hoping for the best...even while processing this news.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Annette!

    I will be praying, but just to let you know, I had the same "first" visit to the ob twice, with Andrew and Mason. Both times I went back and sure enough it was just too early to see the heartbeat. They were pumping away the next visit. Call if you feel like talking about it. I have been through pretty much every situation all 4 times I was pregnant.

    Thinking of you all,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear the appt didn't go as planned and will definitely be praying for peace for you this next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are certainly praying with you in this. We love you and trust the Lord for the best for you and all your children.

    Mom and Dad Smith

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was pregnant with Olivia I had this same thing happen...it turned out "we don't think this is a viable pregnancy" turned into "it's a girl!". I'm praying...and when I say I'm praying, it means I'm praying. You can count on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks to each of you...i appreciate your help and care and especially knowing that you are praying as we wait. it makes me feel like it isn't so abnormal as it happened to 2 of you too! i hope for a better report next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Annette. I will be praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete