Wednesday, September 3, 2008

my friend needs prayer

do you know how there are friends that you may not have talked to in awhile...and now you are "adults", married with kids, and all of that stuff...but when you do talk or get together...it is like it always has been. my friend, chris, pictured above with his band "next 2 nothing" is one of those people. (he is the 3rd one from the left in the jacket)

i talked to my sister today, who works with his sister and got startling news that his son is very sick right now. he had been to the ER 3 times with wrong diagnoses and ended up in hershey medical center and now is in the burn center in lehigh valley with a probable diagnosis of stevens johnson syndrome. this child is 3...and i have a 3 year old...to only imagine what they must be going through. if i am understanding correctly, he is sedated and on a respirator now and after over an hour of effort has a main line iv in his groin.

this child, zayin, needs our prayers, as do his parents- chris and andrea. they are at his side nonstop. they also have another child that is being cared for by family who will be missing them right now.

i will post updates as i can...but right now, i am just praying and waiting to hear from them. please pray now and as they come to your mind. God is good and gracious and in control...i am praying for a miraculous healing or that they are just wrong...and that he will go on in his life as if this never happened. God bless this child.

2 comments:

  1. I feel so sad for this little guy and his parents and his sibling! I have been praying. I hope his recovery goes fast and he stays pain free. Let me know if you are collecting anything for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize you knew him, although I should have. I got an email from Christy Holliday about this. My heart and prayers go out to them...I hoping between you and Christy to stay updated.

    ReplyDelete